I mean, I wouldn’t call this sandwich light, but it’s certainly worth the indulgence.
Im a huge fan of sweet and spicy, like my Blackberry Serrano Margarita recipe. This sandwich has it all; Sweetness from the blackberry jam, some heat from the serranos, a salty crunch from the bacon and creaminess from the brie all in between two slices of crust, buttery sourdough bread.
Turn this into an appetizer by using crustini and then top with all of the ingredients!
- 2 slices crusty sourdough bread
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 oz brie cheese
- 2 tbsp blackberry jam
- 1 slice cooked bacon
- ½ serrano, sliced
- Heat a nonstick skillet on medium heat.
- Butter what will be the outside of the sandwich on each slice.
- Spread blackberry jam on one side and top with serrano slices
- On the other side, add brie and bacon.
- Sandwich together and grill until cheese has melted and the bread has browned on both sides