Have you ever ordered crab rangoons at a Chinese or Thai restaurant? They are delicious little parcels of crab and cream cheese wrapped in a fried wonton. Since we’re trying to eat healthy here, let’s skip the fried outside and just make the filling into a dip.
Of course I had to use neufchatel here, because why use cream cheese when you can use neufchatel? I also used nonfat greek yogurt to bulk up the dip with less calories while still keeping it creamy.
I found some already cooked jumbo lump crab meat pre-packaged near the seafood counter at my grocery store. It was a little pricey, but I only used half the container and used the rest for my Crab Stuffed Salmon recipe.
I was hangry and didn’t have the patience to search for wonton chips or make my own, but that’s definitely a good option! I served mine with pita chips and red bell pepper strips.
- 4 oz jumbo lump crab meat, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz neufchatel
- 1 cup nonfat greek yogurt
- 1 tsp salt
- 1-2 green onions, sliced for garnish
- Heat a nonstick skillet on medium heat.
- Add olive oil and onions and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute
- Lower heat to medium low and add cream cheese. Stir until melted.
- Add yogurt, salt and pepper. Mix to combine. Taste and add more salt to your preference.
- Place in a serving dish and top with green onions.