What can be better than seafood stuffed with more seafood? The crab stuffing really elevates the salmon, adding an element of creaminess and richness without the calories of a typical decadent sauce.
By the way, I hate deboning salmon. I’m not good at it, it takes forever and my salmon fillets always end up looking mutilated. I’ve been buying salmon lately that has been deboned for me, but this time it wasn’t deboned. But even after all the cursing, it worked out perfectly because the crab stuffing hides all the mistakes! So that’s our lesson for today; If something looks messy, stuff it with something else to hide it!
This would be great served over a salad, particularly a Caesar salad, or with roasted vegetables. These 4oz pieces are surprisingly filling!! Also perfect to serve at a dinner party as you can stuff all the salmon before and just pop in the oven when you’re ready!
- 1 lb wild salmon, cut into 4 pieces
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 4 oz jumbo lump crab meat
- ¼ nonfat greek yogurt
- ½ tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 celery stalk, finely diced
- 2 tbsp onion, finely diced
- dried dill
- salt and pepper
- serve with lemon wedges.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Cut a vertical slit down the center of each piece of salmon.
- Coat each piece with olive oil, then season with salt, pepper, and dill.
- Roughly chop the crab meat. In a bowl, place crab meat, greek yogurt, dijon mustard, celery, onion, salt and pepper. Mix to combine. Divide between the salmon fillets.
- Place on a baking sheet and cook for 10-12 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges.