I love recipes like the Slow Cooker Cuban Pulled Pork because it always makes such versatile leftovers! Cooking for a family of two can be difficult, because while you definitely end up using the leftovers the next night or for lunch, sometimes you get tired of the same thing.
This is a world of a difference from the Pineapple Mango Cuban Rice Bowl as the pickles, banana peppers and dijon mustard make it tangy rather than fruity. You definitely won’t feel like you’re eating leftovers!
I actually made a breakfast quesadilla version of this that had eggs (with dijon mustard mixed in), red onion, ham, pork and the banana peppers and it was delicious. I STILL have pulled pork left over so I’ll have to see what else I can come up with. Or tell my fiance to just get at it with a fork 🙂
- 4 large soft tortillas (I used Mission rosemary and olive oil)
- ¼ cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 heaping tbsp dijon mustard
- ½ cup banana pepper rings
- ½ cup pickles, diced (I used 4 sandwich thins)
- 12 slices deli ham
- 4 thin slices of swiss (I used Sargento)
- 2 cups of the Slow Cooker Cuban Pulled Pork
- Lay out 4 tortillas.
- In a bowl, mix together Greek yogurt and dijon mustard. Spread evenly on the tortillas.
- Spread out banana pepper rings and pickles.
- Fold ham in quarters and place 3 pieces on each tortilla.
- Top with 1 slice Swiss cheese and ½ cup of the pulled pork each.
- Heat a nonstick skillet on medium heat.
- Fold each into a burrito, place in the pan and heat on both sides for a couple of minutes to seal.