Confession: I am officially obsessed with my Instant Pot. Dinner has never been easier plus you can get other things done while it does it’s thing! I want to cook everything I possibly can in this thing.
The Creamy Butternut Squash Pasta was my second most popular recipe of 2017. It’s delicious, but it does take a bit of time to make since you have to roast the squash, blend it into a sauce, cook the pasta and then bake it off. Now you can get the same result in a fraction of the time and with far less dishes. What’s so great about this recipe is that the pasta cooks in the sauce and the butternut squash still caramelizes at the end while the pasta cooks in the sauce. Everything all cooks together in the Instant Pot and ready to go so quickly!
I used whole wheat spirals here because I couldn’t find whole wheat shells this time. Feel free to use whatever pasta shape you like the best! Sprinkle generously with parmesan cheese and keep your mac and cheese cravings at bay 🙂
- 24 oz cut butternut squash
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 lb whole wheat pasta
- 2 cups frozen peas
- salt and pepper to taste
- garnish with grated parmesan
- In an Instant Pot add chicken, butternut squash and chicken stock. Use the manual setting on high for 15 minutes.
- Remove the chicken. Use an immersion blender to blend the sauce until smooth.
- Add chili powder, salt and pepper. Taste to ensure it is seasoned correctly.
- Add pasta and peas and mix to combine. Use the manual setting on high for 4 minutes.
- While the pasta cooks, shred the chicken. Once finished, add the chicken and stir to combine.
- Separate into bowls and top generously with parmesan cheese.