Some nights, you just want to use one pot and not have to worry about dishes.
Everything cooks in this one pan. Yes, even the pasta. That way once you have everything going, you have 25 minutes to do whatever you want. 25 minutes is the perfect amount of time to watch a short Netflix show. Or you could speed clean your house so after dinner you can binge watch your favorite show, which is exactly what I did!
You can also save some time and not use a food processor by using your favorite jarred tomato sauce instead of making your own. Trader Joe’s has a great arrabiata sauce that has a kick to it that would taste amazing here. Whatever you do, don’t skip broiling the mozzarella on top!
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 roasted red peppers (I used jarred)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp Hungarian parika
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 8 oz whole wheat penne
- 3 oz baby spinach
- 4 oz ciliegene mozzarella
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Cut the chicken breast so they are about half an inch thick. Salt and pepper both sides.
- In a food processor, combine tomato sauce, chicken broth, roasted red peppers, garlic, Hungarian paprika, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth.
- In a large skillet, heat coconut oil on medium high heat. Add chicken and brown for 60 seconds each side. Add the dry pasta to the pan and add the tomato sauce so the pasta is covered completely. Bake for 25 minutes or until the pasta is al dente.
- Add the spinach to the skillet and mix until it has wilted. Top with quartered celiegene mozzarella and broil on high for about 4 minutes, until the cheese has melted.