I love caprese anything because it’s so light, summery and refreshing. This is such an easy dish to throw together, you can serve it warm with fresh cooked chicken or pack it up in the fridge and eat it week. I love all the bright colors!
Pesto is so versatile and adds so much flavor. If you have some leftover salad greens, use those instead. Pine nuts can be very expensive, so I usually just get the amount I need from the bulk section, but also feel free to use another kind of nut that you already have on hand.
- 1 lb chicken, cubed
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup basil
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- ½ lemon, juiced
- yellow and red cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 4 oz small mozzarella balls, sliced in half
- In a large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat, season chicken with salt and pepper and cook until there isn't any pink. Let cool and set aside.
- In a food processor, add basil, ½ cup olive oil, pine nuts, lemon juice and salt and pepper. Blend until fully combined.
- In a bowl, toss the chicken, tomatoes, mozzarella and pesto until combined. Eat immediately for a warm salad or refrigerate for at least an hour for a cold salad.